de Microelectrónica Digital (curso 2000/2001)
Digital Microelectronics Lab
Dr. Miguel Angel Aguirre Echánove
Dr. Jonathan Noel Tombs
PLEASE: Send us an e-mail if you download a project (only for control).
"Digital Microelectronics" course of 4th level in Telecommunication Engineering Studies has a practical continuation in 5th level with the "Digital Microelectronics Lab" course. Also in the 2nd level of Electronic Engineering, the Lab complements the course "Microelectronics" of the first level. During both courses students develop, in teams of no more than three persons, lab projects using hardware description languages, VHDL or verilog. The subjects of every project are proposed with open specifications by the theachers, and implemented during the course.
Every project is implemented using the Foundation Design flow 3.1i downloaded to the FPGA from Xilinx XC4010XL, using the Xess board XS40. We don't use the on-board microcontroller.
The following list presents the lab-title and a brief description of every project implemented during this course 2000/2001. There are links for downloading the work for analisys pourpose. Remember that they are academic porjects.
1. Secure Communication System I. Comunication between two XS40 boards with encryption by means of a smplyfied DES algorithm (incudes a web for the project).(Authors: A. Pérez García, A. Porrino, Juan I. Serrano)
2. Driver for PS/2 Mouse. A design that presents in a screen the actions of a PS2 Mouse. (Authors: Oscar Díaz, Jacobo Gallardo, Sergio Morillas)
3. Cordic Algorithm. An implementation of the well known algorithm. (Authors: Marta Laguna, Javier Landero, Elena Rodríguez)
4. Videogame Break Out. Break Out Videogame running on XS40 hardware (need two buttons)! (Authors: Francisco Javier Jurado Carmona, Maximino J. Pecero, Julio Muñoz)
5. Codec Morse. Codec Morse for two XS40 boards. (Authors: María Dolores Segura, José Ángel Arjona, Cristina Vicario)
6. Spinning Image effect 3D. Basic Algorithm that turns an image around a vertical axis. (Authors: Sergio Gallardo, Salvador de la Fuente, Juan F. Gómez)
7. Secure Communication System II. Simple system for two XS40 boards serial communication sending and receiving ecripted chacarters. (Authors: Pablo D. Guerrero, Concepción Guerrero, Manuel R. Haj-Saleh)
8. Temperature meter.
It's based on a Dallas-1820 network, with automatic sensor identification.
made by Palma Luna, José J. Martínez, Antonio Ragel) (Project
made by Raúl Mateos, Antonio Patiño, Carmen Aracil) (Project
made by Manuel Becerra, Pilar Graciani, Dolores Vázquez) (Project
made by Miguel Ángel Lagos, José Luis Jaramillo) (Project
made by José Antonio García, Vicente Braba)
Some projects have been made using XS40-PC utility.
Gently donated the software Foundation 3.1i licenses and the development
Technical support and development of the XS40 board.